Sunday, December 21, 2014

Notice of Civil Claim


“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Martin Luther King

I would rather be sailing... Instead I am praying to the court for relief from significantly unfair treatment in a strata corporation that has become a living nightmare to me.   

After I delivered this notice of civil claim in October 2014 a defendant described it as PROLIX - a word I could not remember hearing previously. It means containing too many words; tediously lengthy. I admit it and apologize.  I tried my best to make my claims concise but post traumatic shock overwhelmed me with unspeakable hysteria and dysfunctional emotional reactions such that my claims just grew longer and more incoherent with every attempt.  My ability to present facts or evidence clearly or concisely, or sometimes in any way at all, is severely impaired. Please let me know if anyone can help me amend this burdensome rambling. A full copy of this 202-page Notice of Civil Claim is available for the information of other owners who may be interested enough to scroll through it online or download it by clicking on  https://www.scribd.com/doc/243415028/S165066-Filed-Nocc. I estimate that it takes about 7 dreary hours to read over 20 years of sliced up oppression.

Strata litigation is not a level playing field. For me it is ruinous. I would naturally prefer reasonable settlement over the added stress and costs of a trial. I am sure the court would also.
I cannot afford the high cost of litigation, particularly complex litigation against multiple parties far more powerful than myself. Comparatively few of the population can. Unfortunately, I have found no escape from decades of devastating oppression as the defendants have relentlessly ignored or rejected my increasingly desperate pleas for remedial action.
 

BC families who have any dependency on strata corporations are in need of protection from abusive governance and neighbours who violate the statutory and common law rights of others without apology. The gap between the have-it-alls and the have-nots denies access to justice and is pulling society apart. Too many strata owners lose use and enjoyment of their property, do not receive adequate repairs and maintenance, are victims of unfairness, misrepresentations, cruelty, or a combination thereof. Oppressed strata owners have been unable to adequately protect themselves due to a systemic power imbalance, which includes pitting one against many, a lack of affordable access to justice, an insidious network of "hired" professionals, and an untold myriad of distortions and disparities.

Obvious injustice is buried under an elitist hierarchy of credibility, privilege, exclusion, and unreasonable political deference. The whole process is significantly unfair - and alarmingly inconsistent with justice based on reasonableness and truth - the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
If anyone has suggestions with a view to resolving matters fairly please be so kind as to email me at dianne.bond@yahoo.ca ...



No comments:

Post a Comment